Why choose our non invasive prenatal paternity test?
- Our prenatal test is a NO RISK TEST. You do not need to undergo invasive procedures like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling which can endanger the life of the unborn baby, induce early labour or cause miscarriage.
- With our non-invasive test you will have No side effects such as fevers, cramping, vaginal spotting or leakage of amniotic fluid which can happen following invasive procedures.
- The sample collection for our test can be performed by a trained nurse or phlebotomist. You do not need to pay expensive OBGYN fees to collect the samples making this test more cost effective.
- Our non-invasive prenatal test can be carried out earlier in the pregnancy than other invasive prenatal tests. The test can be carried out at 9 weeks from conception (this means you will be in your 11th week of pregnancy, starting from the first day of your last menstrual period).
- Standard results ready in just 7-10 working days after the receipt of your samples at the laboratory.
- Express testing option for results in 4 working days after the receipt of your samples at the laboratory (at an additional fee).
- Option to find out the baby gender (at an additional fee).
Find out the gender of your baby
We offer our clients the option of learning the gender of their unborn baby with their prenatal paternity test. No need to send a different sample. The baby gender report is available for an additional £149 and will be included in the results of your prenatal paternity test.
Cost and other specifications
Our test only requires blood samples from the mother and mouth swabs from the alleged father. Blood samples need to be collected by a suitably qualified person using the kit we provide. These then need to be returned to the laboratory using our prepaid courier service. The cost of £899 includes the sample collection kit, return pouch, the laboratory analysis and your result sent via email.
Standard results available in 7-10 working days with an additional express testing service for results in only 4 working days (after the receipt of your samples at the laboratory).
How does the prenatal test work?
In this test we detect Cell-free fetal DNA the maternal blood stream. The fetal DNA is isolated and single nucleotide polymorphisms are analyzed using state of the art laboratory equipment. In this test we examine 2,688 SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms). Applying information technology and computer science to the field of genetics we accurately confirm or exclude paternity. Our prenatal paternity test offers unsurpassed levels of accuracy.
The only time we cannot conduct the test is if the Mother is expecting twins or if the alleged Fathers are close blood relatives.
If the probability that the alleged father’s DNA contains the genetic markers required of the biological father is greater than 99.9% when compared to random individuals, paternity is concluded. If the alleged father matches no better than an unrelated individual, paternity is excluded. To calculate any dates related to your pregnancy, you may use our pregnancy calculator.