What to expect in the results
The test will define your canine ancestry going back three generations – parent, grandparent, great-grandparent. Taking the entire DNA profile of the tested dog, the canine breed identification test looks at a total of 321 genetic markers, with access to a vast database of over 220 breeds. The results are one of the most comprehensive you can get when it comes to finding out your dog’s heritage. You will get information that gives you facts about:
- Specific breeds found in your dog all the way back to their great-grandparents, in the form of a family tree
- A full run down of the dominant breed as well as the secondary breeds. The information provided in your results will tell you everything you need to know about the breeds found in your dog’s DNA including traits, behaviour, and history of the breed
- Valuable information about health risks that might pertain to your dog based on their breed, which will be useful for their next veterinarian check-up
- Information about what your dog’s adult weight is going to be based approximately on their breed mix
- A proof of breed paper stating what was found in your dog, which is great for breeders everywhere
View a sample result of this test.
Take a look at the full list of dog breeds tested.
You can see that the test will provide any passionate dog lover with the information they want to know about their pooch, understanding key traits and how those traits are inherited, besides a wealth of other information. The Wisdom Panel® 2.0 tool is also a great resource that will provide dog breeders with extremely important data, and for £69 you just cannot beat the value.
About the Wisdom Panel® 2.0 test
Carrying out the test could not be simpler. DNA samples are collected using tiny brushes known as mouth swabs. The way it works is we will send you a package with:
- (2) DNA cheek swabs – both for use on one dog
- Pre-paid label and envelope for shipping back to the laboratory
First you will need to swab the inside of your dog’s mouth using both of the provided swabs. Write the information required on the envelopes and place them on the DNA swab envelopes. Finally send everything back to us in the prepaid package and wait for your results. Samples will be ready 3 weeks after we receive your pup’s DNA sample.
If your dog was imported from a country or region other than Mainland U.S. or Western Europe, or you suspect that your dog’s ancestors are from outside these countries or regions; their breed ancestry may not be well represented in our database.