Avuncular DNA testing determines the probability that an aunt or uncle are truly the blood relatives of their niece or nephew. The price of an aunt and uncle test is £269. This aunt-uncle DNA test is used when paternity needs to be established but the alleged father is not available. Testing the alleged father's brothers or sisters and comparing their DNA to that of the alleged father's child can help solve the issue of paternity.
The sample of the Mother is recommended to strengthen the results of the test.
The result will show the probability that they are related. We normally require more than 80%> probability of relatedness to confirm a relationship and <20% to indicate there is no relationship. The results of such tests can not be fully predicted in advance especially if the sample of the mother is not included.
Ordering and cost of avuncular testing
Avuncular DNA testing is priced from £269 for one aunt or uncle and one child. Results are available in 3-5 working days from the receipt of samples at the laboratory. An express testing option is also available for faster results.
You may order your aunt or uncle DNA test by going to our Order Page
Testing for male relatives: Y chromosome test
In the case where testing is between an uncle and nephew or any male relatives, a Y-chromosome DNA test can determine their blood relationship and confirm whether they share a common male lineage. The cost of the Y test is GBP 269.00. The cost is for the testing of 2 males.
To order your Y test >>> Order Here
Discuss your aunt uncle Test
Contact Us or you may prefer to have easyDNA call you to discuss your aunt-uncle DNA test or another type of relationship DNA test.